We are located approximately 27km East of Harare along Chishawasha Road. Chishawasha Road branches off Enterprise Road/Mutoko Road and connects into Arcturus - Tafara/Mabvuku Road and fallas within Goromonzi District.
For The Greater Glory of God
St Ignatius Loyola Parish - Chishawasha Mission © All Rights Reserved
Chishawasha is a Catholic - Jesuit run Mission and was founded and established in 1891 by a Jesuit priest, Fr. Francis Richartz S.J.
School Mass Times:
Tue (Grades 5 & 6 ) 6:15 am
Thu (Grades 4 & 7) 6:15 am
Sat (All Grades) 7:00 am
Sun (All Grades) 7:00 am
The Society of Jesus (SJ) is an order of Catholic priests and brothers founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola around 1540s. This order is known worldwide as Jesuits.
A.M.D.G. their latin motto
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam or
Ad Majororem Dei Gloriam
which translate to
'For the greater glory of God'
Jesuits believe that all the work they do worldwide is for the greater glory of God. In Zimbabwe, Jesuits own and run several schools and several parishes throughout the country. Please visit their official website for more information and other services.
The Mission community includes 3 major schools, Chishawasha Mission Primary School, St. Dominic's Secondary School and St. Ignatius College.
The Community is rich in Catholic traditions and has other Catholic supported schools, St. Ignatius Primary School, St. Joseph Primary School and St. Peter's Claver Primary. We are humbled and privileged to have our Chishawasha Regional Seminary and also Silveira House within our reach as well.